cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipelines - docker-compose - logs

rajeshgupta_vs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2019

I am planning to use docker-compose.  Docker-compose let you run multiple container.

Where are the logs for the containers.?  Are the logs shown separately in each logs window?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Vaccarella
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hi Rajesh,

Pipelines won't automatically show any logs for containers started using docker compose. It will only show logs printed to standard output by your main build script (including any logs printed directly to standard output by the docker compose command) and by service containers (containers configured in your yaml build config using the "services" keyword).

If you can arrange for the container logs to be output to files then you can capture those files as artifacts that you can download after each step is complete.

Adnan Gazi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2020

Hi,

I was attempting to do this today - adding a bind mount to compose so that the container can write logs out to the host. Bitbucket pipelines doesnt allow this behaviour, as per this issue https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Error-in-pipeline-authorization-denied-by-plugin-pipelines/qaq-p/884514#M32894

Is there any alternative?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events