Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting 404 after upgrade

rucotec January 12, 2023

upgraded BitBucket server from 7.2.1 on Ubuntu 22.04 to 8.7.0. The server is up and running, SourceTree access functions but web access to port 7990 fails with 404. This worked before the upgrade. How do I remedy this? I have ssh access to Ubuntu. Is there anything I can edit on the server so it works again? Without web access I am pretty much lost.

1 answer

0 votes
rucotec January 14, 2023

Still no success. Tried to re-install 8.7.0 but got the same result when connecting directl to port 7990 (which always worked before)

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Haven't been able to find a log file that could tell me more. So I have no clue what resource is not accessible. 

Where can I look? If all else fails I can rebuild the server, it is just a hassle and needs a bit of time which I really do not want to spend. As I wrote in my initial message git pull et. al. work so the server is alive. It's just the Web-interface that seams not to work.

Thanks for any help

---markus---

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2023

I guess the first thing to do is have a look in the Bitbucket server logs to see if anything is missing.

If you had an instance with the internal H2 DB you need a manual upgrade to a new format . 

Let us know your findings.

Ulrich

// Izymes

rucotec January 16, 2023

Unfortunately nothing in any log file. Access log shows regular SourceTree access (which succeeds) but does not do anything when I try a browser to access port 7990. Just that the browser returns the 404, nothing in any logfile though.

Will probably nuke the server anyway and start over with something else as Atlassian does not sell new BitBucket Server licenses anymore. I don't want to go cloud and DataCenter is waaaaaayyyy too expensive for a small shop as ours.

Thanks for your help

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 16, 2023

Fair enough. Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events