Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't upgrade group workspace plan

Israel DKC November 8, 2021

when I enter the workspace page, I do not see the settings button on the left.

I think this is a groups workspace, I opened it but I can't recall how.

Just for my sanity check - in my personal workspace I can see the settings button!

I thought that may be I'm not logged on the "owner" of the workspace, but I don't see which member is the owner (if such a status exists).

appreciate your help :)

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Israel DKC,

The Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account has access to a workspace other than your personal one.

This other workspace is administered by an account with an email similar to the email of your current (community) account - the difference is that the email of this administrator account includes a dot in the username of the email.

Please let me know if you are able to access the administrator account of the other workspace, otherwise, I can raise a support ticket for you.

Kind regards,
Theodora

ISR November 9, 2021

Thanks @Theodora Boudale !

Now I managed to log in as the workspace admin, and can find the settings button.

I never meant to create two atlassian accounts, but apparently I did... I think what caused my problem is that the initial account was with the doted mail, and then my next log in I did with Continue with Google, and because dots don't matter in Gmail addresses it created a new account.

don't know if you want to change this strange behavior, anyway thanks alot.

Plus I think it would be a nice feature in the workspace members page, to add an indicator to the workspace admin and to the current user.

Like # people like this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Israel DKC,

Thank you for the update, I'm glad you were able to access the account!

It's true that dots don't matter in Gmail addresses, however for Bitbucket and Atlassian accounts the emails e.g. emailA@gmail.com and email.A@gmail.com are considered different, and I believe that Continue with Google will authenticate with the email that doesn't have any dots.

We have a feature request in our issue tracker for showing an indicator for workspace admins:

It was closed due to inactivity, but I went ahead and re-opened it. If you'd be interested in this, I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates. Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2021

If you don't see the settings it means the user you are currently logged in as is not an admin of the workspace. Could it be you have multiple accounts?

Israel DKC November 8, 2021

I do - I have two that i thought that are the workspace admin, but apparently they weren't... (and there are 5 more users that are just workspace members)

is there a way to check who is the workspace admin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events