I am trying to access my account with username and password but its asking me to login with email and password instead due to which i am unable to connect my repository to eclipse as well. Please suggest.
I can't use my username to login bitbucket. "You can no longer log in with a username." I get this error after updated my Atlassian profile but I didn't update bitbucket profile and bitbucket shows me my username is same in profile settings. I should able to use my username again to login bitbucket. Now, I have a trouble with SourceTree for the username problem. My ssh is broken to auth, https is broken. What is going on? I can't do anything with my repositories.
I think login with username is removed but I can login with e-mail to Bitbucket website and I thought my problem was my username login for the crediantials which is SourceTree app Auth. to Bitbucket(Permission denied (publickey)) issue when I try to push my commits but that was the ssh key issue.
What I did to fix this as a Mac user
- Removed Outh applications in Bitbucket/Settings/ACCESS MANAGEMENT
- Removed old SSH keys in Bitbucket/Settings
- Removed my Bitbucket account in SourceTree app/Accounts
- Removed my SourceTree ssh key ~/.ssh/yourkey ~/.ssh/yourkey.pub
- Added my Bitbucket account and Connected in SourceTree app/Accounts with Outh
- Created a ssh key and Copied in SourceTree app/Accounts for my Bitbucket account
- Pasted it to SSH keys in Bitbucket/Settings/SECURITY
that is it.
Hi Ayush! In Bitbucket Cloud you can no longer log in using your username, you need to use your email address instead. Your Bitbucket account still has a username associated to it.
Can you elaborate a bit more on how is this preventing you from connecting to Eclipse, so we can help you find a solution?
i have a similar issue. I can not push the code using my username/email and password. I can login but i can not clone or push or any action in git in my repository. I am the admin of the repository.
Generally for al other repos I use ssh key but we want to share the idea settings in a repo and it only accept https and login using username(email)/password