Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add external users to a specific repository, but limit the access to all other repos

Ifat Keren April 24, 2023

I would like to add a few external users to my workspace, to a specific repository, but to limit the option to grant them access to any other repo. Is there an option to do so?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

Hello @Ifat Keren ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

To invite users to a workspace you can either add them to a user group or give the user direct permissions to the repository. Let me share more details about each option below : 

• Creating a user group
    • You will have to create a new user group and select the level of access this group will have to the repositories. Once the group is created, you can open the group and click on the button in the top right corner Add members to invite users to this group or Add Repository to give this group (and hence its members) access to repositories under your workspace.
  •  Invite the users directly to the repositories you want to give them access to.
    • You will invite the users directly to the repository in question. To grant repository direct access you will need to navigate to the repository and select Repository Settings > Users and group Access > Add member (top right corner). When inviting the user you will have the option to select the level of access (read,write or admin)

You're also welcome to take a look at Grant access to a workspace documentation for additional details on user management in Bitbucket Cloud.

Thank you, @Ifat Keren !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events