Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why user group is show as empty after certain time?

Tornike Shavishvili January 4, 2022

Hello

I have created user group, invited another user to be its member. That user has accepted the invitation, but  after some time, bitbucket could shows that particular user group as empty. It looks like users are automatically removed from user group.

What could be reason of this and how can we correct it?

Best Regards

Tornike Shavishvili

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Tornike Shavishvili,

I'm not aware of any bug that would cause users to be removed from user groups, but we would need to investigate to figure out if that's the case or if something else is happening. The other possible reasons I can think of are a) another admin (if there are more) removed this user b) the user (accidentally perhaps?) left the workspace.

I'd like to ask for some information, so I can check our logs and better investigate:

1. Has this issue occurred more than once?

2. Did this occur to one of the workspaces administered by the Bitbucket Cloud account that has the same email as your community account?

3. If so, I see that this account administers multiple workspaces. Could you give me the last two letters of the workspace where this happened (or any letters that would help me identify which one it is, out of all workspaces you administer)?

4. Does this user have access to the user group now (have you re-invited them)?
I need to know which this user is; I wouldn't recommend sharing the user details here publicly, but if they are part of your workspace's user group now, I can see who the user is.

5. Do you remember approximately the date that you noticed this user was missing from the user group?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Tornike Shavishvili January 5, 2022

@Theodora Boudale Thank you for your response.
As we are new to Bitbucket, we will investigate further, if this is human issue on our side.
If this repeats, we will collect all information and inform you.
Best Regards
Tornike Shavishvili

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Tornike Shavishvili,

Sure, not a problem at all. Please feel free to reach out if this reoccurs and we can investigate.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events