Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Bitbucket Pipeline minutes increasing by 100 minutes daily even when not in use?

Youngpin Kim March 19, 2024

I just created a repository on Bitbucket to test out Bitbucket Pipeline.

However, even though I haven't been using it, when I click on the 'Usage' button to check the usage, it shows that I've been using 100 minutes every day.

But I haven't been using it. Why is that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Youngpin Kim 

I can see you have access to a personal workspace and also a company team workspace.

Your personal workspace has 0 build minutes used, it's likely you're looking at the usage for the company workspace which has frequent pipeline runs. This is a potential symptom of a UI change we made recently that will display one workspace at a time rather than an overview, therefore it's likely that your company workspace displays by default when you access Workspace Settings.

To verify this, click your avatar in the top-right and select "All Workspaces", then select your personal workspace from the list to load this workspace and try checking usage again from Workspace Settings.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Youngpin Kim March 20, 2024

Thank you for reply Ben!

Yes, you are correct. I never use my personal workspace.

I use for my company team workspace.

I have many repository in my company team workspace but i only use Bitbucket Pipeline for one repository for Bitbucket Pipeline test.

After test, i didn't use repository for test and Bitbucket Pipeline(even other repository).

However Bitbucket Pipeline Minutes is increasing by 100 minutes every day

Why is that?

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2024

Hi Youngpin,

I believe there may be some confusion here. My apologies.

If you are viewing the usage by clicking on the Usage button on the Pipelines tab of the repository - this is the usage across all repositories for the entire workspace and not just for that repository. This is why you are seeing the build minutes increase - the number increases any time any repository in the workspace runs a build.

I can see based on internal reporting that at least 10 repositories in the company workspace are using Pipelines, so you are seeing build minute usage from other users repositories that belong to your workspace in that calculated figure.

At this stage, only total usage information is displayed in Bitbucket Cloud and there is no breakdown on a per-repository basis. We have a pipe that may be used to provide a breakdown of build minutes usage for each repository across your workspace - you can see this mentioned in the below community post:

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Youngpin Kim March 20, 2024

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your quick reply!

So, you mean that When i see Bitbucket Pipeline Minutes by clicking on the Usage button on the pipelines tab of the repository, this usage is usage in all repository on bitbucket pipeline what i use. is it right?

But i never use Bitbucket pipeline on any other repositories.

how can i check repository in my company workspace to be using bitbucket pipeline what i use?

Ben
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2024

Hi Youngpin,

It's not just the repositories that you use - it's every single repository in the workspace regardless of whether you have access to those repositories or not. Essentially, the purpose of the usage feature is to show how many build minutes have been used by the entire workspace to ensure that any billing minutes are not exceeded. 

If you'd like a breakdown of the repository build minute usage for repositories that you have access to - you can use our build-statistics pipe to achieve this in pipelines:

If you'd like me to provide the statistics for you, I can also do this - but I will need to raise a support ticket on your behalf as I do not wish to reveal any potentially sensitive information on a public forum. As you are are a member of a premium workspace - you are entitled to Premium support from our support team via our support portal and can also raise tickets yourself using your company workspace as the workspaceID when prompted:

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events