Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Bitbucket cloud is showing a different size

bdtask October 9, 2021

Hi @Ana Retamal, Bitbucket shows a size of 3.27 GB MB  but my repo locally is showing  372 MB Am I missing something here? Is Bitbucket Cloud counting something else? I haven't change anything locally and did a git pull.

This is my repository link <removed due to privacy reasons>

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2021

Hi, @bdtask

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I confirmed that the size of the remote repository was due to dangling commits. A dangling commit is a commit that is not associated with a reference, so, for example, commits can become dangling with any command that removes a tag or branch. 

In this case, I ran a GC on the remote repo and managed to reduce its size to 222.6 MB.

I also would like to share with you that we already have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

bdtask October 11, 2021

Thank you @Caroline R .

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2021

Hi, @bdtask, I'm glad to help! 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events