cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • When we migrate the database from sqlserver then it is stored it on our local machine. But I want to store this database on BitBucket Server. So for that What I have to do.?

When we migrate the database from sqlserver then it is stored it on our local machine. But I want to store this database on BitBucket Server. So for that What I have to do.?

Akshay B. Thange May 11, 2016

I have install the Bitbucket Server on my machine and I had succesfully migrate the database.

But I dnt Undestand the why this backup is stored on local machine.

I want to store the database on Bitbucket server.

So what I have to do for that.?

Please help me asap......

2 answers

0 votes
Akshay B. Thange May 13, 2016

Yess, I understand what you have told me.

But my question is,

I have to integrate the sqlserver to Bitbucket Server.

means I have to store the database on Bitbucket Server.

So for that what I have to do...?

Please Help me..

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2016

You might need to clarify your question here.

1. If you migrate databases, all Bitbucket Server needs to know is where the database lives. You can put it on your local computer, or on a computer somewhere else.
  2. Backups are something different from migrations. Backups mean the contents of the database and the filesystem are exported to a file and can then be imported to a different instance or at a later time (if something catastrophic happens). This has nothing to do with where the database is stored.

Can you restate the question to clarify which of these you mean and what aspect of it you're worried about?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events