cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the meaning of the different grey colours in the commit stream

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

I can see three different gray tones in the commit stream. Lightest indicates a merge

What's the difference between the other two?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Correct, the lightest is a merge commit. When you hover over a commit there will be a darker grey background. Otherwise it is a normal commit with no background color or opacity changes.

Did this answer your question? If not, can you please attach a screenshot?

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

Tayler, thanks for your answer

See the three tones of gray on this screen-shot

greys.png

The first one a regular commit. The third one is a merge. What is the meaning of the second one?

Like Tyler T likes this
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi @Javier Perez the darker username text is a username that doesn't have a link to their user profile whereas the second username text does have a link to their profile. The color difference is not related to the commit in this case. This might be a visual bug. I will let the Bitbucket Server team know.

Thank you for your question!

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2019

Thanks Tyler, I verified that that's the cases

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events