Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the largest markdown Bitbucket can render?

haihuai_huang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2022

Bitbucket does not render properly as the code goes large. Is there a upper limit for the rendering?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2022

Hello @haihuai_huang 

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Although we don't have an exact number of lines/characters limits to render Markdown files, as it depends on how many Markdowns command you are using, we do have limitations on the time it takes to render the file in the UI. If the size of the Markdown file is large, the UI might not be able to render it within threshold limit and eventually fail to load.

We are working internally ways of fixing it, and we already have created the following bug on our public issue tracker to track this externally.

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the impact. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all bug fixes are implemented with this policy in mind: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/atlassian-cloud-bug-fix-policy-206865884.html

As a workaround, you can split the Markdown file into smaller files.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks, @haihuai_huang 

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events