Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to bitbucket 6.7 search is no longer working

M_ Ludwig November 11, 2019

Hi Guys,

we recently updated to bitbucket version 6.7.

Now the data search is not working anymore. Each time we search for something we get as result:

We couldn't find any results matching
<our search string>

Try changing your query, or read the documentation about advanced search

That what we searched for got 2 results prior to the upgrade.

Can anyone please help to get our search engine working again.

Thanks a lot.

M. Ludwig

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
M_ Ludwig November 12, 2019

Hi Alexis,

thanks for reply.

Actually the atlassian filesystem is at 64% - more than 10% free space so far.

I followed your curl advice andthe visible resulton commandline was:

{"acknowledged":true}

Issued a search and voila it works.

Many many thanks for your help.

Greetings,

Martina

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2019

Thanks @M_ Ludwig  ! please mark our discussion below as "Answer accepted" too so that people can easily find it. Thanks !

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Hi @M_ Ludwig ,

since you just upgraded, it might be a problem with elasticsearch (that's the component used to do the search in Bitbucket). This documentation should help you understand what's wonrg : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/troubleshooting-steps-for-bitbucket-server-code-search-827125334.html?_ga=2.268585526.696304845.1573393740-1867168444.1563630283

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

M_ Ludwig November 11, 2019

Hi Alexis,

thanks for advice.

I looked into the troubleshoot site.

Elastic is working, connection to it works perfectly.

Only thing my instance differs from advice was that a file named logging.yml is not present but a file logging.yml.bak_version2.

In the bitbucket log i find following error message concerning Elastic:

2019-11-12 00:45:04,981 ERROR [Caesium-1-4] c.a.b.i.s.i.IndexingSynchronizationService An error was encountered while checking or creating the mapping in Elasticsearch
com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.exceptions.IndexException: update index-version yielded 403 response code.
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.upgrade.DefaultIndexVersionService.lambda$execute$6(DefaultIndexVersionService.java:107)
at io.atlassian.fugue.Either$Right.fold(Either.java:641)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.upgrade.DefaultIndexVersionService.execute(DefaultIndexVersionService.java:102)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.upgrade.DefaultIndexVersionService.setCurrentVersion(DefaultIndexVersionService.java:73)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.upgrade.DefaultUpgradeService.upgradeVersion(DefaultUpgradeService.java:60)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.upgrade.DefaultUpgradeService.upgrade(DefaultUpgradeService.java:52)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.synchronizeMapping(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:112)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.synchronizeStores(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:84)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.jobs.StartupChecksJob.run(StartupChecksJob.java:80)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.common.cluster.ClusterJobRunner.runJob(ClusterJobRunner.java:81)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:134)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:106)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:90)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:435)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:430)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJobWithRecoveryGuard(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:454)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:382)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:66)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:60)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:35)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2019-11-12 00:45:04,981 WARN [Caesium-1-4] c.a.b.i.s.c.cluster.ClusterJobRunner Job execution failed. Rescheduling. Job key: com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.jobs.StartupChecksJob Job id: c0dbd4f5-0a28-4a07-8aa2-d0d75cc16eac

A rebuild of the search index did not solve anything. Still search does not work.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

Hi @M_ Ludwig 

from what I've found, this could be because ElasticSearch put itself in read only mode. It is caused by the system running low on free disk space, can you check if you have enough space available on your partitions ?

If you have more than 10% free space, then it should be ok et you can try the following commands to restart ElasticSearch :

BITBUCKET_HOST=localhost
ES_PORT=7992
curl -u elasticsearchusername:elasticsearchpassword -XPUT -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://$BITBUCKET_HOST:$ES_PORT/_all/_settings -d '{"index.blocks.read_only_allow_delete": null}'

Be sure to replace the elasticsearchusername and elasticsearchpassword fields above with the actual credentials you have configured for Elasticsearch in $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/search/buckler/buckler.yml 

Like M_ Ludwig likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events