Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unspecified errors trying to add a repository to a project in a public workspace

Anne Orton May 24, 2023

Today I have big problems trying to add various repositories to various projects in one of our public Bitbucket Cloud workspaces.

In some cases it works fine, but for others I only get a number of errors not specifying what is wrong.

I have tried both ways to do this as specified here: Add repositories to a project | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support

Just to mention, I have never had this problem before, but now I am not able to sort out what the problem might be. 

So, I sincerely hope somebody "out there" can help me out.

Best Regards Anne Orton

Bitbucket - errors adding repository to project.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Hello @Anne Orton and welcome to Atlassian Community!

I tried reproducing the same error on my personal instance with no success, and unfortunately, the error message being returned does not bring much information with regard to the cause of the issue. In this case, I would suggest we try to rule out any possible local browser issue with the following tests : 

1. Could you try using a different browser? The bitbucket-supported browsers are listed here.
  2. Would you mind trying to replicate the issue using your browser's Incognito/Private Mode? This might help us eliminate browser cache issues.
  3. Are you using any extensions on your browser? If yes, would you mind temporarily disabling them and confirming if the issue persists?

If after doing those tests you are still facing the issue, we might need additional logs from your browser to understand why that particular operation is failing. In that case, you can let me know here and I can go ahead and raise an internal ticket to investigate this further.

Thank you, @Anne Orton !

Patrik S

Anne Orton May 25, 2023

Hi Patrik,

Many thanks for trying to help me out.

1. I have tried Chrome and Edge - latest stable version and Firefox 110. Same result in all of them.

2. Using an Incognito window in Chrome - same result:

Bitbucket - errors adding repository to project - Incognito window in Chrome.PNG

3. I have disabled all extensions in Chrome except for Microsoft defender:

Chrome disabled extensions.PNG

This still results in the 4 impossible to interpret error messages:

Errors with Chrome extensions disabled..PNG

So, consequently I am stuck and have no clue to what I am doing wrong or what the application is doing wrong.

I have done this many times in the past and have had no problems with it.

So I sincerely hope you can help me out.

Best Regards

Anne O

Stella Wrååk May 26, 2023

Hi! I'm a colleague of Anne and i have now also tried to move the repository. I also get the same error message. So it seems to persist regardless of who tries to move it.

Anne Orton May 29, 2023

Hi @Patrik S 

I just wonder if you have had any opportunity to have a further look into our problem with adding repositories to projects as described above?

Best Regards

Anne

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2023

Hello @Anne Orton  and @Stella Wrååk ,

Thank you very much for sharing the results of the testing.

I will raise an internal ticket for you in order to investigate this further, as we will need you to share some additional logs from your browser session. You should be receiving the ticket link soon, but in case you don't receive it, please let me know so I can share the link with you here (only you and Atlassian staff will be able to view the ticket).

Thank you, @Anne Orton !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events