Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to BitBucket via Chrome, Edge, and after applying every solution in the community

Andrew Westensee December 2, 2021

I have tried different browsers, private/incognito windows, clearing all cache, and I even went as far as to install Windows just to try the Edge browser. I've tried installing the Windows Git Credential manager, and no matter what I do, I am unable to login to BitBucket. Sometimes I am able to see the BitBucket dashboard, but when I try to do anything, it keeps asking for user/pass and after entering it, it never stops asking for it again.

I had a bitbucket account years ago, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the migration to Atlassian, but I feel I have tried everything in the community already and had no success, so any help here would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: Creating a new email address and new bitbucket account worked, but I'm not able to access my old repositories there. Based on that new account working, it doesn't appear to be anything wrong on my side, so if anyone from Atlassian can help fix my old account, that would be great.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Andrew Westensee and welcome to the community.

Does this concern the Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account?

If so, I checked this account in our system and I saw it was in a dormant state, due to inactivity. I went ahead and reactivated the account so you should be able to log in now.

Please feel free to let me know if the issue is resolved and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Andrew Westensee December 3, 2021

Thank you, the issue is resolved now.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

You are very welcome Andrew, I'm glad to have helped.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Леонид Рожнов April 14, 2023

Is there some general solution to this?
Except for raising a support ticket, something I can try doing myself with the same sympthoms?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2023

Hi @Леонид Рожнов

In this specific case, the account needs to be reactivated by support.

I went ahead and reactivated your Bitbucket Cloud account, so you should be able to log in now. Please feel free to let me know if logging in works for you.

If you need assistance with something, it's best to create a new community question instead of replying to someone else's question. This way your new question will have better visibility to the rest of my team in case I am out of office.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events