Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to login into Bitbucket account

Hi,

I am unable to login into my Bitbucket account since it is asking for 2FA code which is not available and recovery codes are also not available since i changed my laptop and old laptop is formatted.

I tried using "Forgot code" under 2FA section but event after clicking recovery link which gets sent to mail after 24 hours, it still asks for 2FA code.

Please help in recovering my account so that i can access my Bitbucket account asap.

Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 1.45.43 PM.png

2 answers

Hi @sahil_shokeen ,

Welcome to the community. 

We can not help you in this case, as we are only end-users like you and can only answer questions. 

You'll need some support directly from Atlassian, you can reach out to them here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Hi i have recovered my 2FA code, thanks for your time.

0 votes

Hi Sahil and welcome to the community.

Does this concern the Bitbucket account that has the same email as your community account?

Checking this account in our system, I can see that it has 2FA enabled on both the Bitbucket and also on the Atlassian account, so you'll be asked for a 2FA code twice.

Bitbucket uses Atlassian accounts (the ones for https://id.atlassian.com/) for authentication, and at the moment, it is possible to set up 2FA for both the Bitbucket account and the Atlassian account.

When you try to log in to Bitbucket, you'll first get redirected to https://id.atlassian.com/ and you'll get asked for a 2FA code for the Atlassian account. If you enter a valid code or use the recovery option, you will then get redirected to Bitbucket website, where you will be asked for a different 2FA code, which is for Bitbucket.

The email you requested for recovery the first time, was it perhaps for the Atlassian account? If so, you'll need to request another recovery email for the Bitbucket account from the page in the screenshot you provided.

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi i have recovered my 2FA code, thanks for your time.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Hi Sahil,

That's good to hear, thank you for the update.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Bitbucket

How do you use the Bitbucket-Jira integration? How does it help your team?

Hey everyone, over the past year, we've added several new features on how you can use Bitbucket and Jira together. We'd love to know how you'll are using the integration and how it's helping your t...

167 views 0 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you