cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do pull request in Bitbucket

p_scofie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2022

Now unable to do a pull request in Bitbucket.  Cleared browser cache but still unable to do so, where I could last week without a problem.  No recent software installs/upgrades, etc.  Bibtucket Administrator can do this for my branch, but I no longer can.  Any ideas of what went wrong would be helpful.  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2022

G'day!

Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud community :)

If it's only you who cannot create a pull request - I would suggest trying to create a PR either in the current browser with all browser add-ons disabled or a different browser to rule out it being a browser-specific problem.

If this still fails, I would suggest having your admin check the branch restrictions - I have recently created documentation related to this. Whilst the documentation is not the exact use case, it still applies - it is likely that there is a branch restriction on that repository preventing you from having access to creating PR's:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bbkb/merge-button-is-not-visible-on-pull-request-1167743257.html 

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

p_scofie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2022

Thanks, Ben.  I tried to run the pull request from different browsers and even on different computers, to no avail.  We did stumble on a solution, however. Our BB Admin dropped by account and then re-added it.  That did the trick.  G'day back.  Must be early summer down in the south end.  Enjoy.  Paul

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2022

Ahh good stuff, glad to hear you were able to resolve this.

It's hot and sunny at the moment but another bout of La Niña is on the horizon, unfortunately, so I'm savouring the good weather while I still can :)

Have a good week!

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events