Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to clone repository: Authentication Failed issue

I can successfully log in to https://bitbucket.org/m3q-fe-developer/homeportal/src/master/

When I try to clone the repository by Tortoisegit by clicking on 'Git Clone' or through Git Bash it asks for credentials and afer I fill in the credentials, it shows an error Authentication failed, as shown in the attached picture. What can be the issue? 

I am using the same credentials that I use to login on the portal. 

2 answers

@navneetk Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Please check the screenshot - I can't find it.

And AFAIK the credentials should be SSH Public Keys w/ git for clones via SSH, not some web-browser login to the overall Atlassian website.

However I never ran into such a kind of problem, so not so much an expert on that. Perhaps the related community content can jump in and I would totally expect that the documentation should have this perfectly covered.

@navneetk 

Go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager

Remove the all Generic Credential from there. And try below in git bash:

git clone https://bitbucket.org/m3q-fe-developer/homeportal/src/master/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,869 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you