Unable to add reviewers to pull request

Travis Bartlett April 13, 2021

When creating or editing a pull request, I am unable to search for any users. When I attempt to do so I get a 401 error for the URL https://bitbucket.org/gateway/api/v1/recommendations. I am able to add reviewers from the "Recent:" list under the search box, but not able to search for other users to add them.

This occurs on multiple repositories. Other users using the same repositories also have the same problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Travis Bartlett ,

I would like to ask a few questions so we can better help you:

1. The PRs that have this issue, are they PRs from e.g. a branch of repo-A to another branch of the same repo-A?
Or are they PRs from a fork to the main repo?

In case they are PRs from a fork to a main repo, and the users you want to add as reviewers don't have access to the fork, you won't be able to add them while creating the PR, since they don't have access to the fork. However, once the PR is created, it is created in the main repo, and then you should be able to edit the PR and add the reviewers.

2. What browser are you using and which version? Can you reproduce the same issue in an Incognito/Private window of this browser, with all extensions disabled? This is to confirm whether the issue may be related to the browser or not.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Travis Bartlett April 14, 2021

Hello @Theodora Boudale ,

1. These are PRs from one branch to another within the same repos.

2. I am using chrome 89.0.4389.128 on Windows. The issue did not occur in an incognito window.

Logging out of my Atlassian account and then relogging in prompted me to re-verify my email, and now the reviewer list is working again. I and the other users I know were effected all log in using the "Continue with Google" option, so perhaps it was related to that connection.

Like # people like this
Kathryne Dunlap April 26, 2021

I was having the same issue! It had been occurring for me and a teammate since April 12, we were unable to add any reviewers to PRs. I'm using Chrome version 91.0.4472.19. I'd updated it a couple times over the past 2 weeks in hopes that would make a difference, as well as disabled my extensions, but I saw no difference. 

I logged out and then back in using the "Continue with Google" option and the situation appears to have resolved. 

Below is a screenshot of the problem occurring, in case that's useful.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 6.25.39 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events