cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tow step verification

Neji Trabelsi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2023

hi, I don't remember activating tow step verification to my account, but here am i stuck to access bitbucket

I tried every think even with ssh : 

```

ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes
Bitbucket two-step recovery codes
If you don't use a password to log in you'll need to contact support to recover your account: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/
Enter Bitbucket password (Warning: password displays when entered): xxxxx-xxx--xx

Your single-use recovery codes are

Once logged in, you should immediately visit
https://bitbucket.org/account/user/my-account-name/two-step-verification/
to add a new two-step device.

``` 

but even here I don't have a recovery codes because i never configured !
any help please to access !!! 

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Neji Trabelsi ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Having 2 step-verification enabled in your Bitbucket account will require you to go through the verification process upon the expiry of an existing active session or when attempting to log in from a new device.

If you lose access to your mobile device, you can access your account using a one-time link sent to the email address associated with user’s account.

The recovery link will allow you to temporarily disable 2SV and log in to the account.

To request the recovery email through the login screen you will need to click on “Forgot code” > Send recovery e-mail when prompted for the 2SV code.

There is a 24-hour wait period to receive the email. Please keep in mind that the 24h delay is a necessary measure to protect our customers and their data.

Thank you, @Neji Trabelsi !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events