Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash - display commits tab on selecting a repository?

Stephen Morton May 25, 2015

When I select a repository in stash, it automatically takes me to the source tab. Is is possible to change this to automatically take me to the commits tab?

For my users, the source tab is simply not very useful as the content of the root directory of the source tree is well known. If anybody is clicking on a repository, they want to see the most recent commits.

I do see how the source tab probably displays the README.md file which can be very useful. And we might want that for some of our smaller "utility" repositories. But for our main product that people are working on 95% of the time, they know exactly what it is and they just want to see history.

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

I had a quick look at the source and it's not configurable so far as I can tell.

I would have suggested an Apache rewrite from /projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/REPO_SLUG to "commits", but as you say the links in the repo list page are direct to "browse"... which is not very friendly. This should definitely be configurable, or perhaps remembered as a user preference.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

If anyone feels like creating (finding?) a feature request at http://jira.atlassian.com for this, please post the link here, I would vote for it.

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2015

Hi Stephen,

Well, I don't think there is a way without writing a plug-in. That being said, you could write a Stash plug-in containing a servlet filter that redirects to the commits page if a request is happening to "/projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/REPO_SLUG/browse".

Cheers,

Michael

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2015

I think the redirect should be from "/projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/REPO_SLUG", without the /browse. Otherwise it will be completely impossible to use the Browse page.

Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2015

You're right, I just copy&pasted the URL. Thanks

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2015

This is still not enough, because the links on the /projects/PROJECT_KEY page (list of repos in a project) point explicitly to the /browse pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events