One of our repositories is a .NET website with a VB.NET backend. When I am browsing through the code on the web interface, I can view the content of most files when I click on their file names. This works for all files except for the VB files. In some cases a popup appears that says "Page not found - We could not find the page you requested" and in other cases a generic 404 error page comes up.
Is this a bug or is there something wrong in my configuration? This is a download version of Stash that uses a SQL Server 2008 R2 database.
After doing some investigation, it turned out that the problem was with the IIS proxy that I had set up to forward to Stash. By default, IIS turns on "Request Filtering" which blocks it from serving up files with certain file extensions. The extension ".vb" was on the list, along with many other common code file extensions. It also had blocked my "app_code" folder in the Request Filtering "Hidden Segments" section. When I cleared out these default settings, the pages loaded without problem.
Hi Jeff. This may well be a bug in Stash. If you wouldn't mind giving me the URL that Stash is trying to load which 404s that would be appreciated.
Otherwise, you will have to raise a support request at https://support.atlassian.com where we can diagnose through your log files and identify the issue.
I just realized that the URLs themselves might help you see where the 404s are occurring without actually accessing them. Here are two examples:
1. This is a directory full of only VB files. When I click on it, the red popup appears.
2. This is a VB file from a commit. The red popup also appears when I click on this.
3. This is a VB file. When I click on it, a 404 error page appears.
The attached images show what the red error box and the 404 page look like.
Thanks for the detailed description and screenshots. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to reproduce anything based on the filenames. You will need to contact our support engineers at https://support.atlassian.com/ and upload your stash logs for us to dig into and diagnose/fix the issue.
Cheers and thanks,
We were able to solve your SAC Issue by passing the ISS proxy:
1. Disable any forwardings from the IIS Server
2. Change the Base URL to become the name of the Server where Stash is installed.
3. Access Stash using its address and port (the one that is configured on the Application - 7990)
4. Try to open a VB file
Also the problem iself was the ISS Default Filters. IIS turns on request filtering which blocks files with certain file extensions. The file extension ".vb" was on the list and it also blocked the "app_code" filter through in the hidden segments section.
To solve the problem you had to clear those default settings. After that the pages started to load without any problems.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs