Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

Lucian Z_ April 27, 2023

trying to add my ssh pub key to bitbucket account but is seems that was already  added

Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2023

Hello @Lucian Z_ ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The error message you are receiving indicates that the key you are trying to add is already currently added as an access key in one or more repositories. A key can't be added at the same time as an Access key and Account key (the ssh key you configure in your Personal Settings), so this is the reason why you are receiving the error.

You can find the access keys of a repository by navigating to the repository and going to Repository Settings > Access keys. You can go through the repositories of your workspace to find out which repositories have the key and remove it. In case you are still not able to find out where the keys are located, please let me know so I can create a support ticket for you, where you can share your public key so we can locate where its currently added.

Thank you, @Lucian Z_ !

Patrik S

Lucian Z. May 5, 2023

thanks Patrik

that was the issue

Like Patrik S likes this
0 votes
Baskar Annamalai April 27, 2023

Hi @Lucian Z_ ,

I would recommend setting up 2FA along with SSH key to avoid third-party adding keys. FIrst remove the key in the Bitbucket Cloud and go with steps recommend in https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/configure-ssh-and-two-step-verification/

Best regards,
Baskar Annamalai
ServiceRocket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events