Slack notification for only "Request Changes" on a Pull Request

Vivek Chauhan November 19, 2022
We are using the Slack Bitbucket Integration and find the following missing:
Trigger Slack Notification only when "Request Changes" status is put by the reviewer.
As of now we have to enable the "Pull Request Commented" option which leads to a notification for each code review comment and if we disable this, no notification is sent for "Request Changes" option too.
Is there something which we are missing or this is one of those tradeoffs
Thanks,
Vivek

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hello all!

I'm afraid that currently there is not a specific notification type on the Bitbucket-Slack integration for when the Pull Request changes to "Requested changes" by a reviewer. I went ahead and created a feature request to add a notification type for this particular event, which you can find in the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you!

Patrik S

3 votes
Jakub Jaroszek November 22, 2022

+1 to this, we're facing the exact same situation where we'd like to have a Slack notification when a PR needs attention ("Request changes" is triggered by one of the reviewers), but not after each and every comment within the PR

1 vote
joshalexandre January 26, 2023

+1

1 vote
danielphoenix December 21, 2022

+1. Please implement this. Otherwise we have PRs that no one realizes needs attention.

0 votes
William Blondel March 22, 2023

+1. This is really needed.

Plus, the workaround described in the ticket (Currently, users have to enable the "Pull Request Commented" option to receive notifications when a reviewer changed the status of the PR to "Request changes".) does not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events