Request for Garbage Collection

Martin Jirlow April 19, 2022

Hello!

We have an issue with a rather large repository, and have been able to clean up our history a bit but the repository size is still reported as quite large. I was wondering if it is possible to ask for manual garbage collection on the repository, as suggested in the Atlassian support guide?

The repository name in question starts with '20'. That should be enough for support staff to identify it.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Martin Jirlow,

I ran a git gc for this repository, its size is 160.5 MB now. Does this agree with the size of your local repo if you run git count-objects -Hv?

We have a feature request to allow users to trigger a git gc for their remote repos:

You can add your vote to this feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) if you'd be interested in that feature, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Martin Jirlow April 19, 2022

Thank you!

Yes this does agree with count-objects. I will keep an eye on this feature request.

Kind Regards,
Martin

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

You are very welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events