Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo Size GC Help

Chris Campion June 10, 2022

Good morning,

I've crossed into the "warning zone" of repo size at just over 2GB. I've been running garbage collection, deleting history, and removing large files locally but have been unable to reduce the repository size below this threshold. Would it be possible for someone to run garbage collection for me and see if that reduces the repository size?

Thanks so much,

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

Hi Chris,

I see two repositories that have a size of around 2 GB (from the ones you have access to):

• The first one belongs to the workspace associated with your Bitbucket account.
  • The second one belongs to another workspace you are an admin of.

I ran a git gc for both of them and their size has been reduced. Can you see the updated size now in Repository settings?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you so much, Theodora. This is all set and the ticket can be closed. Appreciate the help!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

Hi Chris,

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped!

I also wanted to let you know that we have a feature request to allow users to run a git gc for their remote repos:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-11593

You can add your vote to that feature request and also add yourself as a watcher if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hello, @Chris Campion ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm going to escalate so someone from Atlassian will read this.  Be prepared with the repository URL. You can add as a reply showing only the last few characters.

Thanks for your help @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events