Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover previous bitbucket username

Scott Guymer July 8, 2020

I have previously logged into bitbucket with the username scottguymer before a lot of the changes have been made around Atlassian login.

Now when I log in with my current email (using Atlassian id) I am asked to choose a new username and I cannot select the one I have used before. (it says it is already in use) I am not sure what email it is associated with (i had thought it was my current one). I have tried a couple of emails I have used in the past but got nowhere.

I have reached out to support who are refusing to help me as I don't have a support contract and say I can only go through community support. No idea if anyone on here can help me with recovering this bitbucket username and linking it to my current email.

1 answer

1 vote
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2020

@Scott Guymer I've sent you an email about this.

Forrest Corbett October 8, 2020

@Tyler T I'm in a similar boat. I'd like to keep the same username that I used with a previous email address.

Scott Guymer October 9, 2020

I got absolutely nowhere with the support team. It has still not been recovered and I don't think it ever will be, 

Because I am not on a paid plan (anymore) there was little interest in helping recover the orphaned account.

Was quite a waste of time for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events