Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on some Bitbucket Branch Permission

Bitwise DEVS January 21, 2022

I am currently reading the documentation here.

But it seems incomplete thus I want to ask these checks.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 110829.png

I am assuming that the second one which is Check for unresolved pull request tasks means that it will check for any pending PR the author has? But which branch it will check, is it the specified branch only or on all branches? Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

Hi @Bitwise DEVS @Bitwise DEVS

While approving a pull request, you can approve the pull request, request changes, or just make a comment.

So the red ones you have marked are in reference to request changes.

If the approver requests changes, these are relevant and straightforward on how it works according to what it says!!

Let me know if you have any further queries

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022
Bitwise DEVS January 21, 2022

Thanks, I already get the request changes which basically means the PR still has some room for improvement or some modification that needs to be done. However can you explain the scenario on Reset request changes when the source branch is modified? What is the benefit of it?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

It works similar to the one with Reset approvals when the source branch is modified

If there are any changes to the source branch of the pull request, the pull request updates with no request changes and the reviewers have to review and approve the pull request again.

Like Bitwise DEVS likes this
Bitwise DEVS January 22, 2022

Great! many thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events