Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing BB pull requests from being deleted

Michael Longino March 14, 2019

My organization is using Bit Bucket Server and I was wondering if there is a way to prevent pull requests from being deleted.  For regulatory reasons we must keep records of peer reviews for the life of the program +5 years therefore need to prevent the accidental deletion of the records.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2019

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Yes, it is possible to turn of the feature that allows you to delete pull requests, or you can set it up so only certain roles in Bitbucket can do it. Check out How to turn off ability to delete pull request.

Borat Sagdiyev November 20, 2019

@Mikael Sandberg- I saw that link. Can this be done through the BB UI instead of editing some config file ? Also, can we disable deletion of PRs for a particular repository instead of all repositories ?

Thank you.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

@Borat Sagdiyev, currently the only way to turn it off is to change the config file, and it applies to the instance, you cannot specify specific projects/repositories that it should apply to. I did a search and didn't find any request to be able to do it from the UI or for specific projects/repositories in Atlassian's public Jira instance. If you would like to see such a feature I would recommend that you create a new suggestion to get that feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events