Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipline started chat notifications

Patrick Nelson August 5, 2020

Is it not possible to get notified when a pipeline is started? I'm sometimes interested in watching as a pipeline begins, so this seems (at least to me) like a potentially common use case. I noticed that the option wasn't available in the set of possible notifications:

2020-08-05_12-53-17.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

Hi Patrick!

I can confirm that the Slack integration doesn't currently have an event for pipeline started. When considering the types of events that would trigger a notification, the dev team considered the commits pushed event to be similar enough to cover the start of a pipeline also. For most situations, pipelines would start when a commit is pushed or a branch is merged into another.

Have you encountered a situation where commits pushed wouldn't trigger a notification when your pipeline started? We can open a suggestion about the app to add the pipeline started event, but I'd like to fully understand the circumstances around where it might differ from a commits pushed notification.

Thanks!
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events