Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pipline started chat notifications

Is it not possible to get notified when a pipeline is started? I'm sometimes interested in watching as a pipeline begins, so this seems (at least to me) like a potentially common use case. I noticed that the option wasn't available in the set of possible notifications:

2020-08-05_12-53-17.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Aug 11, 2020

Hi Patrick!

I can confirm that the Slack integration doesn't currently have an event for pipeline started. When considering the types of events that would trigger a notification, the dev team considered the commits pushed event to be similar enough to cover the start of a pipeline also. For most situations, pipelines would start when a commit is pushed or a branch is merged into another.

Have you encountered a situation where commits pushed wouldn't trigger a notification when your pipeline started? We can open a suggestion about the app to add the pipeline started event, but I'd like to fully understand the circumstances around where it might differ from a commits pushed notification.

Thanks!
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,922 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you