Pageant window does not pop-up on SourceTree

Hi and thanks for your services, There are wonderful!

I'm using SourceTree on windows 7 64bits, and when i click in the menu on 'Tools -> Launch SSH agent', absolutely nothing appears. Any pop-up is showing like the tutorials i've read.

Any idea ?
Thx.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

What happens when you launch the SSH Ageant depends on which software you are using. Pageant does not open any window when it is launched (unless it is opening password-protected keys). You should be able to find it in your taskbar by the clock. Right click and choose "View Keys" to get the main pageant window.

I have pageant load keys when Windows boots: http://blog.shvetsov.com/2010/03/making-pageant-automatically-load-keys.html

Oh wow!
Thank you so much .. How should i know that an icon appeared in my toolbar .. (i have only 3 icons max on my toolbar. Others ones appear has hidden. Had to click on the arrow to this the pageant icon. So ok, now i've been able to add my own ssh key. I'm going on and understanding more & more the process.
Thx for this little help ^^

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,360 views 9 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you