Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Bitbucket account with no email address

MarcGuay March 15, 2022

I have an old Bitbucket user with a username but no email address associated.  How can I login?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hi, @MarcGuay  welcome to the community! 

As we’ll need to know the username of this account to further investigate this case, I have created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account, so you don't have to share this information here. 

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
MarcGuay March 15, 2022

I seem to have made small progress by filling out the Bitbucket password reset form which accepts a username.  https://bitbucket.org/account/password/reset/

I then received a reset link at the email address which I guess was associated with the username under-the-hood.  I followed it, and changed my password.  I then received an email saying "The password for Former user was changed". 

However when I try to login with the email address and the updated password, I am denied.

I clicked on "Can't log in?" on the login page and asked it to send me a recovery link but have yet to receive it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events