Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasionally Bitbucket API limit exceeded when trying to modify AppCenter build configuration

markroywarren October 23, 2019

This is a bit of a strange one.

We are using AppCenter connected to Bitbucket, and on occasion we see the following message when trying to modify the build configuration for an app on a branch in AppCenter:

Bitbucket API limit exceeded.
Your Bitbucket account has exceeded its limit of 1000 calls per hour.
Please try configuring your build later.

It's a little hard to fathom why this is happening, so any advice on why AppCenter could be causing this would be appreciated. Could it possibly be anything to do with having a lot of branches in bitbucket, I believe there are around 150 at present.

2 answers

0 votes
Mustafa Abdelhakam November 27, 2022

I have the same problem and I only have one branch!

0 votes
Igor Vasilev November 6, 2019

Same problem here. No ideas of why AppCenter does so many calls, or how to fix that.

markroywarren November 7, 2019

We're thinking that it might be related to the number of branches we have, and some calls from appcenter as polling all the branches, and that action happens frequently, which hits the rate limit.

Igor Vasilev October 21, 2020

We have less than 10 branches but many AppCenter "apps", and this is happening to us as well. Very annoying, almost impossible to deal with if you need to eg quickly change some config for all of the projects, eg bump-up Xcode version etc

Keith Yeoh October 22, 2020

Does switching to GitHub works? Seems now GitHub is giving completely free solution.

Like Igor Vasilev likes this
Igor Vasilev October 22, 2020

Not really sure. We're a pretty big company and kind of tied to use Bitbucket... We are trying to distribute the repositories connections between several people in the team, as it looks like the Bitbucket limit is per-account. Hope this will help to at least mitigate the issue.

Tamir Lahav March 22, 2023

did you solve this issue ? I see it now also

Like Igor Vasilev likes this
Igor Vasilev March 22, 2023

No, and AppCenter team seems to ignore it. Their suggestion was to ask Bitbucket team to switch off their API limits for AppCenter to be able to bombard them with requests...
Having no other options we're now considering switching to another CI.

Tamir Lahav March 23, 2023

Ok. I see...

Thanks for this update. For now I don't see this error again, hopefully it will stay like this for me, otherwise I guess I will need to consider also to switch CI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events