cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email to complete 2FA for BitBucket

Nirajan Kunwor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

I am able to validate the authentication code but unable to get any email. It's not on junk as well. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2024

Hi Nirajan and welcome to the community!

Your email address was in our suppression list, because we received a hard bounce response from your mail server when we attempted to send another email in the past. The message in the bounce event was:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

This may occur if:

1. The address is invalid (address does not exist)
  2. The user clicked the list-unsubscribe header
  3. The user clicked one of our emails and flagged it as SPAM.

I went ahead and removed your email address from the suppression list. If your email account is active and you can receive emails from others now, can you please try setting up 2FA one more time? You need to follow the process again so a new email gets sent, as the previous ones were dropped.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Nirajan Kunwor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

Thanks Theodora. I am able to receive emails and enable 2FA now. Thanks for the help.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2024

You are very welcome, Nirajan. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events