Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving a recovery link: Still can Login using Microsoft.

Joerie Judong September 24, 2021

Hello,

While I currently can log in to my Bitbucket/Atlassian account by Microsoft link. But I have forgotten my regular password. I need this password to integrate my Bitbucket repos into my Visual Studio. I have tried to reset my password multiple times by recovery link, but I cannot receive it. Strange, though, I can receive other mails from Atlassian. Can someone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2021

Hi @Joerie Judong,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for your email on 15th September 2021.

Your email provider might have had an outage that day, Atlassian attempted to send an email to your inbox during this time, and as a result, received a hard bounce response from the mail server. Your email was then placed in a suppression list.

I went ahead and removed your email from the suppression list, could you please ty requesting a new password reset email now?

A new one needs to be requested since the previous ones were dropped.

We use different email service providers, which explains why you can receive other Atlassian emails but not the password reset email.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Joerie Judong September 24, 2021

Thank you, I have successfully reset my password.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2021

Thank you for the update and you are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events