Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Not receiving a recovery link: Still can Login using Microsoft.

Hello,

While I currently can log in to my Bitbucket/Atlassian account by Microsoft link. But I have forgotten my regular password. I need this password to integrate my Bitbucket repos into my Visual Studio. I have tried to reset my password multiple times by recovery link, but I cannot receive it. Strange, though, I can receive other mails from Atlassian. Can someone help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Joerie Judong,

I checked in our system and I saw a hard bounce event for your email on 15th September 2021.

Your email provider might have had an outage that day, Atlassian attempted to send an email to your inbox during this time, and as a result, received a hard bounce response from the mail server. Your email was then placed in a suppression list.

I went ahead and removed your email from the suppression list, could you please ty requesting a new password reset email now?

A new one needs to be requested since the previous ones were dropped.

We use different email service providers, which explains why you can receive other Atlassian emails but not the password reset email.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you, I have successfully reset my password.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Thank you for the update and you are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,263 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you