I am facing an issue with bitbucket mails for repositories, it seems i am not able to receive any kind of mail at all.
here's the complete issue in detail,
* initially i signed up with email email@example.com (sometime in december 2019), and was able to receive all kinds of mails from bitbucket,
* but after sometime my business entity changed with new email as firstname.lastname@example.org , so i updated the same with bitbucket by updating my email id on manage profile section of my account setting ( to update email, i was able to get the bitbucket verification mail on my new email id successfully ).
Till then everything was working fine,
* Problems started arising when due to business needs, i needed to again shift back to my old email email@example.com. at this moment , i was not able to update my email id , because i was unable to get any bitbucket verification mails on (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* it was suggested by our I.T team to signup on bitbucket with the updated email, i was able to create a new bitbucket account (google signin) with email@example.com, hoping that it will resolve this problem. but i am still not able to get any kind of invitation/verification mail from bitbucket.
Hope i was able to describe the problem in details
kindly assist in resolving this issue.
Hi Dheeraj and welcome to the community.
Looking in our system, I can see that there is a hard bounce event for the email that you don't receive notifications for. This hard bounce event was created on 30th March 2020 with the message:
550: 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled.
It looks that there might have been an attempt to send to this email when it was not operational. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and then the email is placed in a suppression list, as we don't try to send to non-existing emails.
I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list, since I understand that the email is now operational. You should be able to receive emails now.
If you want to make an email change to your first account, then my suggestions would be:
1. Delete the second account. It will take 14 days for the deletion to get completed. After 14 days, when the deletion is done, you'll be able to make the email change.
2. Another option would be to change the email in the second account to some other third email, in order to free it up.
Then, you'll be able to change the email in the first account.
Please feel free to let me know if things are ok for you now and if you have any questions.
Hey everyone, over the past year, we've added several new features on how you can use Bitbucket and Jira together. We'd love to know how you'll are using the integration and how it's helping your t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events