Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access bitbucket from browser as well as through terminal

srahul07 August 27, 2018

Hi,

Since 25 August 2018, I am not able to access bitbucket via browser as well as not able to push code to the repository.

Initially, I thought it might be an internet issue, but bitbucket is not accessible only through my machine. My other team members could access it.

I checked if it is related to some internet issue, but all other sites that I access regularly for development purpose like StackOverflow, Github, etc are accessible. Even tested from different office locations and home. But the issue persists.

Need to know what is the issue? Could it be possible that bitbucket access is blocked from my system?

Please let me know what could be the solution for this as I am unable to update my repository since 25 August 2018.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Shelke

Cofounder & CTO

mycuteoffice.com

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
srahul07 August 28, 2018

I solved the issue myself. The issue was with the DNS configurations. 

As per the last update from bitbucket, a year and a half back, they suggested to force git to use IPV4 by adding following entry to /etc/hosts file:

104.192.143.2 bitbucket.org

The above line was causing the issue after the latest update to bitbucket in the last week. Once I removed that entry, everything started to work smoothly.

0 votes
3wHSazgL5fMs September 23, 2021

I was experiencing this exact same problem but I did not have 104.192.143.2 bitbucket.org in my /etc/hosts file.

What fixed this for me is by adding the Google DNS servers to my network settings:

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 11.59.00 AM.png

Make sure to click "Apply" at the bottom of the Network settings screen after pressing OK.

arnel robles September 26, 2021

I tried this solution and it worked. Not sure why it's happening though. 

0 votes
srahul07 August 27, 2018

Just checked using proxy VPN, it allows to access bitbucket in the browser. 

Then why am I not able to access it in the terminal to push code? also why normal browsing does not work?

Nayana H M January 17, 2019

Hi, even I am not able to access the bitbucket through terminal as it is throwing me an error as " unable to access ".

Can anyone help me on this?

srahul07 January 18, 2019

Check your /etc/hosts entries. 

and refer my accepted answer, that might help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events