Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change Bitbucket license at the same time we change Jira and Confluence licenses?

Do Hai Le November 2, 2020

Hi Support Team,

I have learnt about transfering ownership for Bitbucket and Jira, Confluence via these articles:  

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/transfer-repository-ownership/

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/transfer-jira-or-confluence-account-ownership-to-another-user-691012069.

In case all Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence above have been registered under one same license. Now, I would like to change ownership to a different/ brand-new license. However, it is possible to transfer the account ownership for Jira and Confluence first, then transfer repository ownership for Bitbucket at another time? Please advise. 

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Do Hai Le, thanks for reaching out! 

Allow me to try to clarify some things first to make sure we're on the same page :) 

In the case of Bitbucket, the transfer is referring to changing the ownership of a single repository from one user to another user. This does not change who owns the Bitbucket account, it only changes who is the owner for one of the repositories. Note also that licenses are only used for our Server products, but seems like you're talking about our Cloud platform. 

Regarding Jira and Confluence, the transfer refers to moving the billing and technical contacts (who own the whole Jira or Confluence site) to a different user, so this new user can continue being in charge of Jira and Confluence. Again, since we are talking about Cloud, there are no licenses, maybe you're referring to the Sen number?

At this point, I'm having difficulty understanding what the end goal is. Could you explain in more detail what you're trying to achieve, so we can assist you better?

Best regards, 

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events