Migtating to a MySQL database from MSSQL

Hello,

I have created a POC for upgrading Stash and i have installed v2.12.3. It currently works fine connecting to a MSSQL DB and can browse my current data. I am looking to migrate from MSSQL to MYSQL which is all installed on the same server. But when i select the Start migration wizard in the DB field and input the current DB details i get this

The target database contains tables which will clash with Stash's tables. Please migrate to a clean, empty database. For kore information about creating a database for use with Stash, please refer to the stash documentation.

My current set up consists of

Windows 2008 R2

Java

Stash v2.12.3

MS SQL2012

MYSQL workbench 6.1 - with new empty database created

My Install directory is sepearte to my data directory and currently everything works fine.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

2 answers

Chris,

You need a completely new MYSQL scheme to import the data into (so not one you've already used to install stash).

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the quick reply. My current Stash DB is in MS SQL and not MY SQL. I'm looking to migrate to MY SQL.

Hi Chris,

Did you fill in the details of your new database (MySQL) when you were executing the migration? Or did you fill in the details of your current database? (Which seems to be the case here).

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I completed the details of my current database (MSSQL) in the migration

Thanks

Hi Chris,

You need to fill in the details of the database you are migrating to.

Stash already know the details of the database it's migrating from.

Best regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter - I'll give this a go. ;-)

Thanks this worked

That's great news Chris, could you please accept my answer as the correct one?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

174 views 20 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you