Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing transactional Email Templates

Alexander Golovtchiner July 22, 2022

Hi there,

just to clarify from the top, i am not talking about Jira emails, or any other Atlassian Emails to Atlassian customers/users.

We've got a CMS that triggers certain Emails, e.g. password reset or account creation, those emails are in html format inside a Bitbucket repostiory, alongside a json file, plain-text txt file and an image folder.

Now this was okay for most cases, but its nowhere near scalable: now for example, i got a customer with 6 different email templates, wich he had translated in 10 languages. so now i am looking at 60 email templates that i would have to create, and then keep updated. And doing that inside of Bitbucket would be great, but changing the wording or layout would mean to manually edit each html code...

So my Question would be: is there some sort of Atlassian Plugin/Addon or whatever, that would gibe me much needed functions of a product like mailersend, mailchimp, mailgun or sendgrid? And again, i am not talking about the templates for Jira triggered Emails or Jira Tasks or anything like that

Any help or advice would be immensely appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Hello @Alexander Golovtchiner ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid that Atlassian does not have a Bitbucket plugin specifically to manage the use-case of managing e-mails. I also tried to search for third-party plugins for Bitbucket Cloud in Atlassian Marketplace, but didn't find anything specific for your use case.

As Bitbucket is a source code repository, we currently don't have a feature specific for managing/versioning e-mail templates, and in case you want to continue using a git repository to store the e-mail templates, you would indeed have to manually change each of the templates. Since your use case is very specific to managing e-mails/templates, I would suggest exploring other solutions/products specifically developed for that porpoise, such as the ones you have listed in the description.

Thank you, @Alexander Golovtchiner .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

Alexander Golovtchiner July 26, 2022

thank you lots for the answer. i also checked the marketplace before i came here so i already had a feeling this would be the case, i just had to make sure. 

but its nice to at least have a definitive answer to this question, so thanks again!

Like Patrik S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events