cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account, not being prompted to enter CAPTCHA on login

Rosie Babbra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2019

I tried running a few git commands and was prompted to enter my Bitbucket username and password. I was unsure of my password and got locked out. The Bitbucket instructions say to go into the browser, log out and try to log back in, at which point I would be prompted to enter a CAPTCHA. However, I never get this prompt as I log in with SAML. Curious to know what steps I can take to reset my password/get unlocked from my account.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

The next steps will be different depending on whether you're using Bitbucket Server or Cloud.

If you're using Bitbucket Server you can find the instructions at Lockout recovery process. You'd also want to contact your admin if you're having trouble logging into your account.

If you're using Bitbucket Cloud, then the instructions can be found at I'm locked out of my Atlassian account.

Let us know which platform you're using and if you were able to get in! We'll be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events