Latest guidance on building BitBucket pull requests in TeamCity

What is the latest guidance on setting up TeamCity to build BitBucket pull requests, particularly in regard to using TeamCity 2017.1 with BitBucket Cloud? Most of the posts I've seen focus on older versions of TeamCity or Stash.

I really want to be able to trigger a build when the PR is created of the merged output; I can then use the Commit Status Publisher to send those results back to BitBucket so that TeamCity can approve the PR (in terms of code compiling, tests passing, no FxCop violations etc).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Eric Henry Atlassian Team Jul 11, 2017

Sorry for the delay in response. Is your TeamCity install behind a firewall?

Typically we use webhooks and the Bitbucket API to enable this. I can help you get going if you haven't figured things out already. Feel free to jump in to this HipChat room to ask questions:

https://www.hipchat.com/g0Y9ANOvI

So, is there some documentation how to integrate BitBucket with TeamCity?
The chat room mentioned above appears to be empty.

Eric Henry Atlassian Team Aug 10, 2017

The HipChat room won't show any back history, and devs are usually in the room during Pacific Timezone business hours.

As far as documentation, there is more information in this community question.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

78 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you