Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to access Product using billing account (Atlassian)

Manish Sanganeria August 28, 2019

My Bitbucket account email expire because of domain thats why i trouble please help me so that i can access Bitbucket. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hi Manish,

We have checked the account you mentioned and I'm afraid we won't be able to grant you access to that account, as we can not prove that that email address indeed belonged to you. This is a matter of security, so there's nothing we can do. 

The alternative would be to create a new Bitbucket Cloud account with your new email address and upload your repositories again. If you were working on someone else's repositories, you can ask them to grant you access again. 

For the future, please remember to take actions on your accounts before you lose access or put some kind of recovery method in place, as it will save you a lot of trouble :)

Best regards,

Ana

Manish Sanganeria September 2, 2019

Hi Ana,

I am little surprised by your reply as the billing is in the same of my email id manish.sanganeria@gmail.com and my previous email id manish@infocouture.com domain has been closed so I cannot access that email any further. All the important information attached to that Bitbucket is there on that account so I would require the access for that Bitbucket account as it is very very very very important.

To prove my identify you can check my Atlissian account which has got the same email id which I have asked you to give me the access as an prove. I hope there should be some solutions for the same as I have been using this for very long time and all code repository is available at that Bitbucket as new wont help me at all.

Regards

Manish 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hi Manish,

I checked our system looking for something that would help me confirm your information, but I couldn't find anything that would help. I have found other products associated to it, but not Bitbucket. The Bitbucket account you mentioned is on the Free plan so there's no Billing account linked to it. 

The account also doesn't own any repositories, it just has access to someone else's repositories, so it would be a matter of requesting access again with your new account. Once you clone those repositories you'll get all the files and history again so you wouldn't have lost anything. 

With all that said, please understand that from a security standpoint, we won't be able to change the email address of that Bitbucket Cloud account as we don't have enough evidence that you're the rightful owner, there's nothing in our system that connects the two of them. If someone would be trying to access that account maliciously, we'd be responsible for that. 

Hope this is clear, Manish. If you need more information for the future about how to make your account more secure, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Ana

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2019

Hi Manis, welcome to the Community!

Bitbucket Cloud accounts do not expire. Do you mean that your domain expired and thus you lost access to the email address associated to your Bitbucket account?

Have you tried accessing your Bitbucket account with your old email address (even if it expired)? Which error do you get? You can also send us a screenshot to show us what happens.

Once you let us know, we'll create a Support ticket for you so we can share the details of your account privately and help you re-gain access.

Best regards,

Ana

Manish Sanganeria August 30, 2019

Hi Ana,

My Bitbucket account was on this email id 

https://bitbucket.org/dashboard/overview

manish@infocouture.com
Manshim@#123

But my that email id is closed so I cannot access my Bitbucket id there as I am the admin for that Id. If you can change that id to manish.sanganeria@gmail.com and give me the access of Admin that would be great. The billing goes from my ID manish.sanganeria@gmail.com and the atlassian  id is also on the name of manish.sanganeria@gmail.com.

Regards

Manish 

Manish Sanganeria August 30, 2019

Hi Ana,

Any update on this as its very very urgent to get an access to my account.

Regards

Manish 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events