Is there a way to upload an ssh key to stash via command line?

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of writing a script to get developers' environment set up. I would like to add ssh authentication to stash in the script, but I'm having some trouble. Is there a way I can add an ssh key to stash via the rest api or some way using curl or wget? I've tried using curl and emulating the request:

curl --user USERNAME:PASSWORD https://STASH_SERVER/plugins/servlet/ssh/keys/add --form "text=MY_SSH_KEY"

But no luck there. I don't have to programatically create a user, as the user already exists in stash at the time someone would run this script.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Seb Ruiz Atlassian Team Oct 05, 2012

Yes, you can use our REST interfaces to add keys:

curl -u user:pass -X POST -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://stash/rest/ssh/1.0/keys -d '{"text": "contents of public key file"}'

awesome, thanks!

@Seb Ruiz:Thanks,it works fine for bitbucket Server.is there any way to add SSH key to Bitbucket Cloud.

@Seb Ruiz:Thanks a lot for your quick reply,I have tried which you have provided but I am getting the error as:

<p>
CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
</p>

<p>
Please enable 'Referer' headers for this site and try again.
</p>
Still not able to add SSH key to Bitbucket cloud instance.

@Seb Ruiz:Hey thanks...it works...Authentication is required to add into curl command. 

This widget could not be displayed.

An addition to Seb's answer:

If you need to upload SSH keys for other users, you can add the ?user=<username> query parameter. If the 'user' query parameter is not provided, the REST resource defaults to the current user.

Note that you'll need at least Admin permissions to be able to upload SSH keys for other users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,316 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you