Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add custom(new) language to repository?

ksaravan August 6, 2019

While creating a new repository, a language can be selected from the pre-defined list of languages. Can this be customized to add something which is used internally by an organization ?. 

If that is not possible, is there a way to associate custom metadata to a repository and can REST api return the details of a repository. The idea is to use the custom language and use Bitbucket REST api's to list the repositories that have this custom language set. 

3 answers

0 votes
Andrew Stringer October 13, 2021

+ 1 for adding new languages, my request world be for Bash, json, Yaml and Serverless

Thanks.

Rajesh Prabhu October 13, 2021

+1

Like Ashley Kitson likes this
0 votes
Flemming Steffensen April 29, 2021

Even though this is a very old question, it appear as the first hit on Google, and obviously is still popular.

Atlassian has still not improved the list of languages, although it still leaves a lot of things to be wished for.

I have therefore created this feature request: BCLOUD-21015 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hi!

At the moment, it's not possible to add extra languages to the pre-defined list of languages in Bitbucket Cloud. However, you can submit a Feature request for the consideration of our team. You can use this one as an example: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/3676/request-to-add-language-to-programming.

For your second question, my advice would be to visit the Developer Community and see if one of our members there can share some knowledge about that with you. 

Hope that helps,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events