Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do a piecemeal migration of Bitbucket from one instance to another?

John Lawlor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2021

In the next few months I will need to move Bitbucket from one network to another. I am just wondering if there is a way to do this project by project? Or do I have to do a 'big bang' migration from a backup?

Thanks

John

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2021

Hi John,

If you have a Data Center license on the target instance you can use the Export/Import feature - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/export-and-import-projects-and-repositories-957497834.html

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

There is nothing in Bitbucket that would allows you to just migrate individual projects, and I did a quick search in the Marketplace and couldn't find an app that would allow you to sync between instances.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events