Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive External Hooks

Kelsey Farenholtz June 17, 2015

I would like to add a hook that warns the user when they are pushing a binary encoded file.  I do not want to block the push explicitly, but would like to prompt the user (via the command line) that they are checking in a binary file, and allow them to interactively allow or disallow the commit via the prompt.  The documentation said there were examples on giving the user output, but was wondering if there was an example for prompting the user for information as well, or if this is even allowed with this plugin?

Thanks for your help!  Also, great plugin!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stanislav Seletskiy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

No, there is no way to read data from user, because it's not allowed by specification of git push protocol/git push command implementation.

However, you can implement simple countdown and slightly suspend push process with notifying user that he is just about of pushing binary blob.

I've done it for checking coding standards.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

You need to package this as a pre-receive plugin that never rejects commits. The output you want to show to the user has to go to hookResponse.out().

Kelsey Farenholtz June 18, 2015

Thanks! I'll look into both of these methods.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events