If my Mercurial repos are on a different machine from my Bamboo server how do I trigger a build on commit?

I am trying to set up a commit base build for a project on Bamboo. I am using a Mercurial repository.

My Mercurial repsitories are located on a linux machine. My Bamboo server is on a Windows machine.

Is it possible to access the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script from the hgrc file on the Mercurial machine?

3 answers

1 accepted

Ok, I just had to copy the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script to my linux machine where the repositories are located. Only issue I'm running into now is my hook doens't seem to be working to fire the script on a push to the repo.

0 vote

The hook is always located on the repository host, there should be no problem with that.

You need to either write a batch file as your hook or install Cygwin. In any case, you'll need some kind of HTTP client (Windows wget or curl would be easiest) to trigger a build.

Actually I think Jay have an opposite case - the Mercurial repo is located on the linux machine, not Windows one. In that case I think he just need to copy the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh to the Mercurial machine.

Ah, right. Anyway, it's not a problem. Bamboo is designed with that scenario (repository and server on different hosts) in mind.

What do you mean by "Is it possible to access the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script from the hgrc file on the Mercurial machine?" ? What is the problem you are encountering?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

22,448 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you