Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Allowlisting, how to allow the Server to Cloud Migration Tool to connect?

Nick Daniel July 17, 2023

Hello,

After recently enabling the IP Allowlisting feature of our Bitbucket Cloud workspace, the Cloud Migration Tool/Assistant in Confluence Server no longer works. It is able to create the new repositories, but the migration fails for each repo, leaving only empty repos in the Cloud workspace.

The migrations worked before the IP Allowlisting several times, migrating quite a few projects and repositories.

I've tried allow-listing a lot of different atlassian IP address blocks from the docs, but none of them seem to resolve the issue. I would prefer not to have to disable IP Allowlisting every time I need to run the migration tool—ideally there is just an IP block that I can allow so that the tool can talk to the locked-down workspace.

Thanks in advance for any help here!
Nick

Log message:

c.a.b.p.b.j.MigrationJobPollerDelegate job failed with error Error occurred for EP/my-repo-name during git push. com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.NotAuthorizedScmException: The requested remote repository does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it 
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.NotAuthorizedScmException: The requested remote repository does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it

1 answer

1 vote
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Hello @Nick Daniel and thank you for reaching out to the Community!

From the error message you reported, seems like the Migration tool is able to reach Atlassian infrastructure, but the IP allow listing is likely blocking the connection from that particular server.

This can happen if the IPs of your Server instance were not added to the IP Allow listing on your bitbucket workspace.

In this case, could you please confirm you have added all the IPs from your Server instance (from where you are migrating) to your workspace's allowed IPs? 

We also have the following article with detailed instructions on how to prepare for migration, with regard to firewalls an IP allow listing, that might be of help : 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you, @Nick Daniel !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events