Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am not able to login in to bitbucket by two step verification code,dont have recovery codes

In order to login in to bit bucket enabled two step verification for the bit bucket account used Microsoft authenticator in Samsung mobile ,but recently I lost mobile so I am not able to login to bit bucket because don't have the recovery codes, so I want to use new mobile to enabe two step verification ..please help me 

2 answers

0 votes
Tyler T Atlassian Team Sep 08, 2020
0 votes

Hello,

In case your laptop/computer has the SSH keys that you use for your Bitbucket Cloud account, you can try recovery via SSH like Tyler suggested. You should be able to retrieve six recovery codes by executing this command in terminal:

ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes

These codes are for one time use only, so you can use one of them to log in Bitbucket and a second one to disable 2FA. Afterwards, you can set up 2FA again with your new phone.

If you no longer have access to your SSH keys, you can do the following:
1. Log in to https://bitbucket.org/
2. You will get redirected to id.atlassian.com to log in with your Atlassian account
3. When you get the screen where you need to enter a 2FA code, you will see at the bottom a link with the title "Forgot code?"
4 Select that, and then the next screen will give you the option to "Send recovery email"

You will get a recovery email that will allow you to disable 2FA and access your account. This process may take some time to complete, and you may be contacted by our Support team for account verification.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,804 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you