Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Registered To Bitbucket With My Work Email, However I Don't Have an Access Now

Fatih Tan January 5, 2023

Hi,

I registered to Bitbucket my work email 4 years ago. I left the work and I don't have an access to that email. So, I cannot reach my atlassian account.

What should I do? Is there any account recover process?

Thank you for your suggestions

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Fatih,

If the account is not managed by your former employer and you remember the password, you can log in to the account and then change its email from this page: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email

If you don't remember the password or if the account is managed by your former employer, it will not be possible to access the account and change its email.

The Bitbucket Cloud support team cannot change the primary email address of an account if someone reaches out from an email that is not associated with that account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Fatih Tan May 19, 2023

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Thank you for your answer. Actually I don't want account back, I just want my username back. Is it possible to make username free.

My current username is @<current-username> but i want @<old-username>.

Regards

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Fatih ,

We have reviewed your request internally and changed the username of the old account by adding the prefix '-old', so you can use it now.

Please keep in mind that this is something we do in exceptional circumstances only when certain criteria are met.

Feel free to let me know if you are able to change your username now and if you need anything further.

Just a heads up, I removed both usernames from your post to comply with our privacy policy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Fatih Tan May 22, 2023

Thank you so much. I've just updated as @<username>.

Have a great day.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
May 23, 2023

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Have a good day,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events